Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sunset Looms Final Chapters


So that's the end. I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing it! I intended to cover a bit more about mortality and stuff, but I think this works well.
Yay!

EDIT: About the end.
I had told EqD that this was the end of the story, and I was pretty surprised they didnt put it up as such XD.
And honestly, several people (including some of my friends) say that this only sounds like a beginning, and there's way more to this. And there is. I still have ideas. But what I don't have right now is a story. I thought these four chapters could form a complete arc, a whole story, a good stopping place.
I might someday write a continuation of this, a sequel under a different title. But when I do that, the theme, the feel of the work would be a bit different, its own thing. A few more characters, a bit more rooted in actual events than an exploration of mindsets.

For now, I'm going to write a couple oneshots. Try my hand at a bit of worldbuilding. This isnt over, but I dont want people waiting for a continuation that may take months.

Again, thanks to everyone for reading. =D

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, but you should have told EqD that was the end, they would have given it it's own special 'Complete' post.

    Would like to see an epilogue or something, it still feels like there's a lot of potential to explore here, like the journey of understanding friendship and the fact that Celestia really is still in love with her. A lot of meat there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, it's over? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! At least write more Celestia POV fics.

    ReplyDelete