Monday, January 30, 2012

The Death of Natural Beauty


The Death of Natural Beauty

I wrote about a month ago then shelved it immediately. Because god, this isn't in form at all.
There are exactly two ways I could make this work in my writing style. Way one: I needed to be properly invested in exploring the character. But the Fleur I had made was absolutely nasty, and I wasn't skilled enough to save her from  it. Way two: I needed to be intensely interested in the modeling world, and wanting to share what I learned about it through the story. But while I have interests in fashion... I have no interest in modeling, and that disinterest is incredibly clear in how vaguely I hint to it.

So this turned out to be is a decent story, but it lacks in detail, in verisimilitude and honesty. Its trashy and cheap, and proof that I really shouldn't write about things I don't want to get too heavily invested in. I fixed it up, and its certainly readable but... I dunno if I want to submit this to EqD. I'm certain I could manage to get it through, but it doesn't have my flair. It doesn't have anything I strive for in my writing.

I'm glad I wrote it though. Ideas always bug me until I put them on paper, and I think this was a pretty good idea. The execution though... it's just meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment