Monday, January 16, 2012

Sudden Realization: Wait a Minute

I have realized something life changing and mindblowing.

I don't read stories for plot. Screw plot. All plot has been done already and everything unique idea has already been made trivial in turn.

I read stories for the style. I read stories for the methods of telling. An interesting voice is far more fascinating than a billion clever twists.

Also, Lilith's Brood sucks.

and i may have a fever

*eats a hostess cupcake*



You know what I want to write?
A Tyrant Celestia story. Like, a real one, where she goes batshit on everyone.
I also wanna write the part of Steadfast Sky where Discord is Discord-like and crazy.
But it just didnt make sense to me to have him be this little brat pack and have the same attitude. Do you know how annoying that would be, a  little depowered pony guy, but with the "I'm better and more awesome than everything!" outlook on life? And then having being born the BEST MOST AMAZING MAGIC would be so stupidly sueish...
I'm not saying that kind of story cant be written, with him just being there and powerful and stuff, but if a story is going to focus on him and his mentality, my specialty, then you know what? Discord gone crazy has one note: zany brashness. And it wouldn't change until he's put down. I could pull three chapters out of that premise, tops.

Fanfiction, man.
Its serious business.

And you know what? Right now I'm rambling at a wall. I'm casting a bottle into a sea of bottles that will never be read or opened, because nobody gives a shit.

Nihilism
Somedays, the ultimate comfort.
Others, the endless and uncaring void.

And you know what's really boring?
Writing in a notebook, then transcribing it into microsoft word.
I could be writing more things while I pull this crap.

Conclusion: Celestia is Best Pony because Discord is not a pony

1 comment:

  1. Discord is best pony because....I got nothing. He's awesome and we'll leave it at that. ;p

    ReplyDelete